I married a United States Marine when I turned 23. Two weeks after our large military/catholic wedding and subsequent reception at the Zagat rated golf club, he deployed to Iraq.
For 7 out of the 9 months of his deployment we had absolutely no contact. We did not have the time to explore all of the red flags that presented before our huge wedding, and the illusion of being able to “love anything bad away” was alive and well. When he returned, PTSD and self sabotage would destroy any chance that we had.
“Things break down so that better things can come together”…
After a divorce at the age of 28, one of the major epiphanies that I had was: this is what happens to those who end up where they didn’t know they didn’t want to be. Not only did I have healing to do, I had to set out on the journey to find out who I was and where I wanted to go. There were questions that I had never asked of myself and I found myself in an opportunity where I no longer had a choice…I had to ask them.
Isn’t getting lost and confused bound to happen when you don’t ask questions? Doesn’t one run the inevitable risk of getting lost when they have no destination that they are working towards? How is it possible for anyone to know and love you if you don’t truly know and love yourself? It isn’t. Therefore, I am here to share all that I learned the hard way, which is how to be (lovingly) assertive, how to change your mind, think for yourself, enjoy, manifest, love, and to be your own partner first.
~ All of this is possible for anyone ~
This lifetime is a miraculous journey. We live in duality and we will all experience good and bad. What we forget is that we hold the keys to change anything at any given moment just by changing our thoughts and allowing our emotions. These are the understandings that you inevitably come to when you gain awareness.
Practice being in charge of your reality, please don’t waste yourself in front of the television being programed to someone else’s marketing agenda for conformity. Don’t be numb to it either, take a good look with fresh eyes. Do the work. You can’t escape it. Miracles are everywhere.
Start small, start simple, but just start.
My personal growth library of milestone reads, audios, programs
My Daily Do’s
– These are sent directly into an email folder named “Daily Reading”, and I read them mid morning. I use Louise Hay’s meditation as a moving meditation while I clean my barn and groom my horses first thing in the morning. It’s all about finding what works for you as an individual.
- The Daily Om
- Notes from The Universe
- A Course In Miracles (ACIM) Daily Lesson
- Motivating Daily
- Louise Hay’s Morning Meditation
- Fran Heal – Messages of Love and Healing
My Ongoing Library
– I keep a copy of these books in my home to go back to from time to time. These particular books I do not lend out. However, I do purchase extra copies from the author’s website or from the publisher and keep them on hand to give as gifts or as a “pick me up” for someone who may enjoy it as well.
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert started it all.
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay To take away all of the emotional pain I had
- Lauren Mackler ‘s book Solemate, you will fall in love with yourself, so then the love of your life can fall in love with you too.
- The Art of Extreme Self Care by Cheryl Richardson showed me that self care isn’t selfish
- Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert would I ever consider getting married again?
- The Forgiveness Formula by Kathleen Griffin learning to forgive those that hurt me set me free
- A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle you just have to read it. But, if you are not ready for it, it will be meaningless to you.
- Participated in The Tapping Solution World Summit 2015, 2016, 2019. Sweet relief!
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven R. Covey. This book is about a way of life. This is a book that should be read in middle school.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families by Steven R. Covey. The importance of having a mission statement for our family has rocked my world.
- Sacred Space: Clearing and Enhancing the Energy of Your Home by Denise Linn. This book was basic, well written, and very easy to understand and implement. I felt called to work with the energy of our home, and the difference is palpable. I have practiced these techniques in my work environment, and got just as great of results as I have gotten inside our home. I highly recommend this book.
- A Course In Miracles by The Foundation for Inner Peace. This book goes right next to your Bible. Seriously. You can find this book for free because the creators believe that everyone should have this information. However, I greatly enjoy holding and studying the actual book, which you can find for about $20.